I know I'm just a bunny but I want to take a few moments to speak about something important to my family. Mental health awareness. My mummy has a mental disease, well obviously all humans do, it's not their fault they can't achieve bunny greatness. She has general anxiety disorder, and even though it's not something you can see, it's very real. The other night she clung on to me in deep fear hyperventilating and shivering. I was very scared, not because I was picked up, but because my mummy was so scared and sick.. I knew something was very wrong so I just let her cry into my fur. I keep trying to tell her that I know she'll be great one day. I know vets are just trying to help but I just hate them, but I know she'll be a great bunny vet one day..
She tells me about all these things that people say or do, and even the teachers at school give her a very hard time. Just because someone says they have a disability and you can't see them don't judge them thinking they are just trying to get it off easy! It really hurts their feelings. (And if it makes them cry they go home and cry into their bunnies fur and then we have to spend all that time cleaning up ourselves after, not that we mind if it's for a good reason).
No comments:
Post a Comment